Friday 21 March 2014

Background Design

My characters need a setting to be in, much like an actor needs a set. When we were set the task of backgrounds and layouts, I tried to think of a setting that would work for my characters. As this involves a thermostat, the best solution would be a living room. This is my process of deciding the final idea of it. 

I took a photo of two chairs separated by a table in one of the lecture rooms and drew a rough idea of my characters in them. This is what I based my background and layout off of. 





I drew a simple living room, and this is what I came up with. I was happy with the simple design, but after presenting this so far, I was suggested to consider tilting the chairs to show more of the characters. 



Here, I took the advice and decided to try it. It did look slightly better so I thought I would keep it. 

I am still thinking of ways to make this design better. I am possibly considering the idea of making two different thrones (one ice throne and one fire throne) to show their contrasting personalities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment