Sunday 6 April 2014

Background and Layout - Thrones instead of chairs?


Above, you can see some thrones I have drawn. I thought about the background and considered the possibility of having special thrones for each side of the room, so an ice thrones for the Ice block, and the fire throne for the Fire ball.

I out the thrones in the setting to see if it would fit.

Although they could be some nice additions, I thought that the foreground would dominate the background and become distracting to the viewer, when the main focus is on the main characters. This would also mean extra animation for the thrones whether the ice throne was melting or the fire throne was burning, and would become even more distracting for the viewer.
I was very put off by this, so I decided to go back to using the couch chairs, as they were simple, they were fitting to the scenery and they wouldn't distract the viewer, and the animation wouldn't suffer as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment